<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d37802093\x26blogName\x3dFunky-Flair!+%7C+Even+the+moms+are+read...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://funky-flair.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://funky-flair.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-75441615613257361', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
The guy with the FUNKY fashion taste and also with a FLAIR for graphic designing. I'm Amirul Nasir, or you can call me Rool, for short. 21 years standing in the feet of the Earth. Singaporean. Currently serving the nation till 02/06/12. I'm a Ngee Ann Polytechnic Mass Communication (Class of 2010) graduate. Creative Director, someday? More about me?

Blog Directory by Blog Flux Celebrities blogs
Singapore Directory

  • My Dad
  • Broken Bead Bracelet
  • BGR Issues: Is SHE into ME?
  • My Grandma's Third Home
  • Music Review: F#$k You.
  • My Sister's 22nd Birthday
  • The Night before I left for Brunei

  • Hope Dies Last
    San - theinbetweenismine
    Emily Jane
    Grumbles and Grunts

    Ana Amalina
    Jun Jun
    Moey Hudson

  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • December 2011

  • Custom Search

    Love the blog layout? Want something like that? Or even better? Yes, I do design for blogs too at an affordable rate! For more details, feel free to drop a message to my email, amirul.nasir [at] gmail [dot] com!

    Apart from blogs, I do design for events, editorial designs, interactive designs. I am a designer afterall.. right? Or even photo editing! Let me know what you need and I'll try my best to get it done for you.

    Friday, January 21, 2011
    The current mood of popnutoz at www.imood.com

    "Wow. It's Friday already!"
    "What?! We've been here for FIVE days now?"
    "Man, that was fast."
    Yes, It's officially my fifth day and I'm still adjusting to the lifestyle here. I can't believe it's already five days. I could still remember the day I left Singapore to come here like it was yesterday.

    The night before I left.

    0200. Walking in and out of my own room, I was getting super paranoid about everything. First of all, I can not get myself to sleep. Next, I was unsure if I had remembered to bring all the items I had needed for the next 12 months. But facing the reality of all, I was actually anxious about the next day. I was not ready to leave at all. "Why didn't they give us another week to prepare for this?", I thought.

    0300. I knew I was way past my bedtime and I had only 2 and a half hours left to sleep before I leave for the airport. Fine, I'll just stop getting panicky about everything and just sleep for once. Closed my eyes.

    0530. My mom woke me up. It's time. I woke up feeling like I only slept for a minute or two. Insane. I took a shower for the last time in my house and got myself ready.. for d-day.

    0630. Time flies super fast in the morning, doesn't it? Before I left the house, I snapped a few photos of my room.. just so that I could remember how it was.. the way it was.. before I left. Finally, I loaded all of my heavy bags inside the car, wondering how the hell I was gonna carry all of those bags all my myself. But that was the least of my concern.. at that moment. I was figuring out how to say goodbye to them.. my family. Then, to my surprise, Mena and Hannie arrived at my house! They were without any makeup on and I was so glad that they were following us to the airport.. just to send me off.

    0700. We reached the airport. I saw a few of my fellow friends whom shared the same fate as I did. I checked in my bags first. 29.5kg. I got the shock of my life. That was my heaviest luggage to date! And well, I didn't have to pay the extra charges, which was a good thing actually. Just imagine all the money I'd have to end up paying! Oh god.

    At the airport. After check in!

    After checking in the bags, I had my final breakfast with my family (Mena and Hannie included, cos they ARE family.) We had 'roti prata'. And honestly, that was by far the best 'roti prata' I've ever had in my entire 20 years of life. The feeling of contentment, love and satisfaction that came along with it was just.. priceless. I'm glad I got to eat it with the rest of my family seated with me. A great feeling, it was.

    I sat down with them for a long time, almost forgetting that I am leaving them for a whole year to go to Brunei. We talked about a lot of things. But I remained quiet most of the time just because I just wanted to remember that moment - That moment when nothing else matters except for your family.

    0830. This is really happening, isn't it? - I questioned myself. We slowly walked to the departure gate and there I was holding back my tears as much as I could (like a true man, I kid). Whether I was ready or not, I had to go eventually. I gave each and every one of them a hug before saying my final goodbyes. It was hard, but I did it. As I started disappearing from their sight, I gave them a flying kiss then I walked as fast as I could. Yeah, then the tears started flowing like a tap water that could not be stopped.

    That was by far the hardest thing I ever did. It was not walking 24km with a huge load on my bag nor was it a never ending 8km run. It was just a simple goodbye.

    The ones I love.

    My family. 

    And now, I'm here. After a 2 hour flight journey and many bus rides that came along with it.. followed by another 45 minutes ferry ride. I'm happy I managed to still contact my mom and video call both her and my sister. Never has a single day passed while I'm here have I not thought much about them. I think about them all the time - How they're doing.. What they're doing. I miss them a lot. And I'd do anything just to see them again.

    Mom and sister. Love them a lot.

    I've yet to unpack all my items due to some problems but everything is all good. There's internet here and with internet, I will survive. And I'll definitely survive the next 12 months. I know I will.

    P.s I might be going to Sydney, Australia again in May instead of flying back to Singapore? So for the rest of you.. I'll only be back in November? I think.

    Labels: ,


    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home